We hold our shelter building workshops throughout the fall and winter season. Shelters built during the workshops are then made available to caretakers and colonies in need. The workshops are also a great venue for caretakers to network with others in the animal rescue and TNR community.
SHELTER BUILDING WORKSHOPS:
Since we started in 2010 we’ve built over 5,900 shelters!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR: We aim to foster a welcoming atmosphere of community at our workshops. No volunteer should be made to feel uncomfortable by the words/actions of another volunteer. We expect our volunteers to engage in an appropriate manner with each other and with the Toronto Humane Society staff;
- We reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave and not return if any of their words or actions demonstrate otherwise.
- VOLUNTEER LIMIT: Each workshop will be capped at 50 volunteers
- AGE LIMIT: All participants must be 18 years of age or older
- VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT: If you are able, print a copy, fill it out in advance (click here to access the form) and bring it with youYou only need to fill in this form once
- We will only accept forms printed on one sheet (both front and back)
- REGISTER: We ask that everyone register in advance. Please see below to register.If you’ve signed up then have to cancel please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All workshops are held on Saturdays usually from 10am – 3pm. However our last workshop of the season (Feb 9) will be shorter (from 10am – 1pm).
Jan 26 CANCELLED
Feb 9th WE’RE FULL!
- All workshops are held in the garage of the Toronto Humane Society (11 River Street, Toronto at the NE corner of River and Queen St E.). Click here for a map of the location.
- To get to the garage: From the lobby take either the stairs or elevator (both are located on the left when you enter the lobby) to the basement. When you enter the basement veer left and follow the signs to the garage entrance
- At the back of the building, enter the “caged” door to the right of the garage door