We hold our shelter building workshops throughout the fall and winter season. Shelters built during the workshops are then made available to caretakers and colonies in need. The workshops are also a great venue for caretakers to network with others in the animal rescue and TNR community.
SHELTER BUILDING WORKSHOPS:
Since we started in 2010 we’ve built over 5,700 shelters!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR: We aim to foster a welcoming atmosphere of community at our workshops. No volunteer should be made to feel uncomfortable by the words/actions of another volunteer.
- We expect our volunteers to engage in an appropriate manner with each other and with the Toronto Humane Society staff;
- We reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave and not return if any of their words or actions demonstrate otherwise.
- VOLUNTEER LIMIT: Each workshop will be capped at 50 volunteers
- AGE LIMIT: All participants must be 18 years of age or older
- VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT: If you are able, print a copy, fill it out in advance (click here to access the form) and bring it with you
- You only need to fill out this form once
- We will only accept forms that have been printed out on both sides
- REGISTER: We ask that everyone register in advance. Please see below to register.If you’ve signed up then have to cancel please email us at email@example.com
All workshops are held on Saturdays from 10am – 3pm. You are not obliged to arrive right at 10am or remain for the entire workshop.
The ability to register for each workshop will be enabled after the end of the workshop that it follows.
– Jan 12 – ability to register to be enabled soon!
– Jan 26
– Feb 9
**More dates may be added if demand requires**
- All workshops are held in the garage of the Toronto Humane Society (11 River Street, Toronto at the NE corner of River and Queen St E.). Click here for a map of the location.
- To get to the garage:
- From the lobby take either the stairs or elevator (both are located on the left when you enter the lobby) to the basement. When you enter the basement veer left and follow the signs to the garage entrance
- At the back of the building, enter the “caged” door to the right of the garage door