We hold our shelter building workshops throughout the fall and winter season. Shelters built during the workshops are then made available to caretakers and colonies in need. The workshops are also a great venue for caretakers to network with others in the animal rescue and TNR community.
Since we started in 2010 we’ve built over 6,000 shelters!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR: We expect our volunteers to engage in an appropriate manner with each other and with the Toronto Humane Society staff;
We reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave and not return if any of their words or actions demonstrate otherwise.
VOLUNTEER LIMIT: Each workshop is capped at 50 volunteers
AGE LIMIT: All participants must be 18 years of age or older
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT: If you are able, print a copy, fill it out in advance (click here to access the form) and bring it with you
- You only need to fill in this form once
- We will only accept forms printed on one sheet (both front and back)
CARBON FOOTPRINT: Let’s make our workshops eco-friendly! At each workshop we provide pitchers of water and freshly brewed coffee. We encourage everyone to bring their own reusable water bottle/coffee mug. Thanks!
REGISTER: We ask that everyone register in advance.
- Please see below to register
- If you sign up then have to cancel please email us at email@example.com
- All workshops are from 10am – 3pm
- However, you aren’t required to show up exactly at 10am and you can leave whenever you need to
- All workshops are held in the garage of the Toronto Humane Society (11 River Street, Toronto at the NE corner of River and Queen St E.). Click here for a map of the location.
- To get to the garage:
- From the lobby take either the stairs or elevator (both are located on the left when you enter the lobby) to the basement. When you enter the basement veer left and follow the signs to the garage entrance OR
- At the back of the building, enter the “caged” door to the right of the garage door