We hold our shelter building workshops throughout the fall and winter season. Shelters built during the workshops are then made available to caretakers and colonies in need. The workshops are also a great venue for caretakers to network with others in the animal rescue and TNR community.
SHELTER BUILDING WORKSHOPS:
Since we started in 2010 we’ve built over 6,000 shelters!
Our 2018 – 2019 shelter building workshop season is over but thanks to all our hard working volunteers we still have plenty of shelters in stock to sell through the rest of the winter season. From Nov 2018 – Feb 2019 we made 700 shelters of which 600 are already out there, on the street, keeping cats warm and safe.
We hope to see you next season when we start our workshops again. Follow us on Facebook to keep tabs on when they start or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to add to you to our volunteer email list.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR: No volunteer should be made to feel uncomfortable by the words/actions of another volunteer. We expect our volunteers to engage in an appropriate manner with each other and with the Toronto Humane Society staff;
We reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave and not return if any of their words or actions demonstrate otherwise.
VOLUNTEER LIMIT: Each workshop will be capped at 50 volunteers
AGE LIMIT: All participants must be 18 years of age or older
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT: If you are able, print a copy, fill it out in advance (click here to access the form) and bring it with you
- You only need to fill in this form once
- We will only accept forms printed on one sheet (both front and back)
REGISTER: We ask that everyone register in advance.
- Please see below to register.
- If you’ve signed up then have to cancel please email us at email@example.com
Saturday Feb 9 – 10am – 1pm Sorry – we’re full!
- All workshops are held in the garage of the Toronto Humane Society (11 River Street, Toronto at the NE corner of River and Queen St E.). Click here for a map of the location.
- To get to the garage:
- From the lobby take either the stairs or elevator (both are located on the left when you enter the lobby) to the basement. When you enter the basement veer left and follow the signs to the garage entrance OR
- At the back of the building, enter the “caged” door to the right of the garage door