With COVID-19 we’ve had to adapt how we sell shelters/give out straw to ensure the safety of everyone. So please carefully read our updated protocols/registration process, below.
- We aren’t able to ship them
- SIZE (approximate): L=22 x H=15 x W=12 (in inches)
- Appropriate for 1 (maximum 2) cat
- Lined with Durofoam
- Already filled with straw
SHELTERS: NEW only (minimal supply on hand at any given time)
- $15 per shelter OR
- $10 per shelter when you buy 3 or more OR
- $5 when you bring in a used shelter to “trade in” (the used shelter must be structurally sound and MUST be emptied in advance)
HOW: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a time for you to pick up the shelter(s)
WHERE: Location at Bathurst/St Clair (address/directions to be provided when coordinating date/time for pick up)
PAYMENT: **PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF AN IMPORTANT CHANGE AS OF DEC2020**
- CASH: Pay upon picking up your shelter(s) ; (ideally exact change please!)
- ETRANSFER: to email@example.com **only for payments over $50**
- PAYPAL: PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHELTER AND/OR STRAW DISTRIBUTION DATES/REGISTRATION:
Future shelter sale/straw distribution dates: TBA!
TIPS WHERE/HOW TO PLACE CAT SHELTERS
- Click here for some simple (but important!) tips for how to maintain your cat shelter (ie where to place it, how to entice cats into it, how to improve the environment around the shelter to keep the cats etc)
OTHER RESOURCES FOR STRAW
October is the perfect time of year to find straw in stores – it’s sold for Hallowe’en/Thanksgiving decorations, fall dances at schools, you name it. But after Hallowe’en/Thanksgiving, it gets MUCH harder to find. You can get a whole bale of STRAW (don’t buy HAY for shelters) for under $20 and keep it in your garage for the season. ALWAYS ask to make sure the straw has NOT been treated with fire retardant.
- Check your local nurseries, garden centers, and grocery stores (that sell plants).
Contact local schools to see if they have any available (for free) after their Hallowe’en dance.
- Google search animal feed & farm supply stores (I did a quick search and there were ones in Caledon, Newmarket, Lindsay…)
- Hardware stores (i.e. Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Lowes, Rona, etc)
- Kijiji (that’s how Toronto Street Cats originally found our “source” for straw)
Where ever/however you look for it, make sure it’s STRAW you’re getting. Not HAY