VOLUNTEER: Click here to join our shelter building workshops
- W=1′ x L=1’9″ x H=1′ 3″ – Appropriate for 1 cat
COST: $15 per shelter. Options to pay:
- When you pick up the shelter
- Cheque made payable to “Toronto Street Cats”
- In advance (please include a note that it’s for the purchase of a shelter)
HOW: Click here to place your request
- the request does not reserve the shelter
- the request is only to assist us in tracking
WHEN/WHERE: Options for pick up:
- The following Saturdays:
- Jan 12 > 10am – 3pm
- Jan 26 > 10am – 3pm
- Feb 9 > 10am – 3pm
**More dates may be added if demand requires**
The garage of the Toronto Humane Society (11 River Street, Toronto at the NE corner of River and Queen St E.).
Click here for a map of the location.
To get to the garage:
From the lobby take either the stairs or elevator (both are located on the left when you enter the lobby) to the basement. When you enter the basement veer left and follow the signs to the garage entrance
At the back of the building, enter the “caged” door to the right of the garage door
2. By appointment during weekdays
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make our best efforts to find a mutually agreeable date/time to meet at the Toronto Humane Society (see address above), where we keep our shelters.
- Bring in a used shelter to one of our shelter building workshops (click here for dates) and get a new one for $5
- Please empty the shelter as best you can before bringing it to us
***The plastic tote must be structurally sound**
- Pick up for FREE at any of our workshops (click here for dates).
- All we ask is you bring your own bag!
TIPS WHERE/HOW TO PLACE CAT SHELTERS:
- Click here for some simple tips for how to maintain your cat shelter (ie where to place it, how to entice cats into it, how to improve the environment around the shelter to keep the cats etc)
OTHER RESOURCES FOR FERAL CAT SHELTERS:
- Shelters are made each fall by their volunteers.
- $15 each (cash only).
- A limited supply is available.
- To arrange to pick up a shelter(s) contact Monica Seto, Manager, Shelter Health & Wellness:
Phone: 1-888-668-7722 or 905-898-7122, Ext. 383
Watch their youtube video showing how they make their shelters (it’s very easy – you can do it too at very little cost!)